Thursday, May 2, 2013

...April Showers...

...We have been busy bees since we arrived home from Florida...we were ready for the warm weather so we have been pushing the envelope to be outside any chance we see a bit of sunshine...

...I am a sucker for spring flowers...I have absolutely no ability in this department...literally as far away from a green thumb as you can be...but I still try it every year...and this year, I decided the kids could help me...I could only hope it would help my luck...and while we spent a lot of time talking about soil, throwing it and almost eating it...the pots came out ok...just ok...but they were planted together with love...
...we even put one together for Gramma...like I said, I dream big when spring hits...
...and all that planting required some rest...
 ...and eating outside is quickly becoming a favorite of Chase's, just like Mommy and Daddy...


...Bass Pro Shops is a favorite for Chase right now and the back of this box has pictures of different toys available at what he calls Best Pro Shops...and he must have asked Ava (and the rest of us) 100 times at this point...Which toy would you want from Best Pro Shops, AAaaava?
...and all this outdoor time, inspired us to take on another project...the picnic table...it needed new boards on top because the wood was seeping sap for some reason and the kids were getting so sticky when eating and playing on their table...

...and this isn't just any table...this is a hand made picnic table that was given to Chase and Ava when Ava was born and Chase was turning two...it has their names on either side and it is identical to the one I had as a little girl...both built by my Grandfather, who has gone by the name of Poppy for the last 34 years...

...so this was a special task...and while it sounded simple...Kirk and I aren't the handiest...so this ended up being a three weekend project...and we are just coming into weekend number three so I don't have any final pictures...
 ...it's been a real family affair...everyone is getting excited to have the picnic table back...


...it's getting closer...and even Mr. Bear has helped...

...so what do you do with six old boards, Marshmallows, Chocolate and Graham Crackers...

...build a bonfire of course...

...and in other huge news in this house...Chase has finally transitioned into a toddler bed after doing so well on a roll away in Florida...and while the transition hasn't been seamless...it has been pretty good...but just typing it makes me nervous...

...he is excited about the new bed but he is a funny kiddo...his crib never really bothered him too much...I think he knew that he could climb out of it if he wanted... but he never did...he likes his own space and being secure...

...the transition for Ava will surely be sooner than three and a half...and I fear the word seamless won't be used anywhere near that situation...

...and speaking of my fearless, adventurous one...she has been a little under the weather lately...she is so tough and deals with a runny nose from Feb-May every year (at least the two she has experienced thus far)...but this last round of stuffiness turned into croup and a double ear infection that was coming on in the wee hours of a Saturday night...why do children's illnesses always rear their heads at that hour and that day in my house?...
...she is a snuggle bunny when she is sick and we selfishly enjoyed the time last weekend with her and spent a few more hours in PJ's as a family...

...and she is getting very nurturing lately...this babeee is going everywhere with her, getting her diaper changed and getting kisses and tickles...

...and we have had a few Birthday celebrations recently too...
...we celebrated Papa's a little late and Gramma's at the same time...
...Gramma gets a lot of help in the candle blowing department
..and the presents opening department...

...and we got a babysitter and headed out for a nice dinner on Mom's actual Birthday...Kirk wasn't able to join but the three of us had a wonderful time...we talked and talked and talked...I think the restaurant was ready to kick us out...but we hadn't caught up, uninterrupted like that in quite some time...

...I love the perspective they give me on life and I cherish our conversations immensely...

...and on a treasured morning off work today, we hit the park, the three of us...and as we walked up, Chase said, 'Come on Ava, give me your hand, this is gonna be fun!'...and he was exactly right...we got some great playtime in before the rain began...the rain that is scheduled to last the whole weekend...

...they say these showers will bring us May Flowers...

...but when it comes to my pots, I'm a realist...I'm not holding my breath...

...hope your spring is blossoming...

1 comment:

  1. Love that you blog! The pics are great and so sorry to hear sweet Ava has been sick :( XXOO

    ReplyDelete