Monday, May 13, 2013

...Mother's Day and More...

...The weather finally cooperated and the pool is starting to clear up...summer may actually be getting closer...so we spent any time we could outside during the week...and our little helpers are starting to really contribute...like taking out the trash...kind of...
...and these new chores, like throwing away our old food and bringing our plates and cups to the sink, it is amazing how the little things make a big difference, but these chores make a lady tired...
...and a rest on the back deck is just the way to de-stress...

...and after a quick bout with the stomach flu, my boy has a tough stomach and fights these things off quickly, like a champ...
...we were back off and running...and running meant a trip to Six Flags for another family first...the weather was gorgeous and we decided to seize the day and make the 30 minute trip to the theme park...what a ball we had...

...trains are always a hit with my two...
...as were the games...

...I need to play again so I can win a toy for my sissster!...

...and these planes were a huge hit for both of them...


...and on the second or third time on the planes, I spotted a wasp flying near their plane, and I have a somewhat annoying fear of anything that stings...so I tried not to worry and definitely tried not to scream at the kids and put this unnecessary fear in them...but when it flew into Ava's seat before they took off...my fear (or instinct) took over and I unhinged the gate and ran into the live airfield...to save my baby from that wasp...and I swished it out and I still don't think she knew it was even in there...

...but it dawned on me as I was quickly sneaking back out of the ride...that I made that move totally unconsciously...

...and it was just a little reminder to me,  why we celebrate this thing called Motherhood on a special day once a year...
...but the big story of the Six Flags experience was the newly discovered dare deveil side of my oldest...
...I had no idea the things he would qualify to ride based on his height...nor did I know what he would be interested in...but after this roller coaster...he begged to go on it again and Mommy was able to join him...

...he prepared me for every hill, every turn and when 'its gonna go real fast Mommy and we scream like this....wooooooooooohoooooo!!!!!!!....

...and he and Daddy took on some pretty big rides before we finally called it a day...over 7 hours with the kids at the park, no naps, lots of snacks, and lots of lines and they did great...

...we are so ready for Disney...


...and as I mentioned earlier, this journey called Motherhood is more than worthy of a yearly celebration...so we did just that in fine fashion...

...with a day of relaxing outdoors and soaking up the sunshine...




 ...and opening presents like my hand made flower platter...
 ...and this might not seem like a big deal to you, unless you have taken two toddlers by yourself, hands covered in non-washable paint, in a store full of breakable pottery  items....Kirk always comes through with the best presents, no matter how difficult the task...

...and Papa always delivers on fun...

...the boys prepared a wonderful meal, steaks and tomato/mozzarella salad is starting to become a tradition...

 ...as are these smiles and laughs...but they just sa quickly turn to hits and screams...they are in the height of a love/hate phase that can turn on a dime...I just love the passion that they have for eachother either way...




...and in my four short years of Motherhood...I have come to realize a few things...

1. there is nothing more awesome than the joy and responsibility for another human life and the respect it instantly gives you for your own Mother...
2. the journey of parenthood is a compilation of thousands of phases, some incredible, some terrible and lots in between but most all requiring every ounce of your emotional capacity...and some even more than we initially believe we are capable of...
4. My most important/exciting/stressful/joyful/wildest/craziest most fun position in life, is now and always will be, titled, Mommy...

...Happy Mothers Day to all of the wonderful Mothers in our family and to all those out there with the title, Mommy... and for of those of you out there just longing to be Mommies...hang in there, it will happen in some form or fashion and it is so worth the wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment