... absence makes the heart...well...it keeps me balanced...
...it's been a while again, and we've been having some fun...we had a wonderful Thanksgiving...complete with family, laughs and loads of turkey...but prior to that, I had a week long work trip...a Sunday night through Friday night...the kind that fill me with complete anxiety prior to departure...
...never the kind of anxiety that the kids aren't in good hands...I'm actually pretty sure they enjoy my absence as much as my presence at this phase and Daddy sure doesn't disappoint on fun...
...and with Gramma and Papa helping during the days and Ms. Jean to also help out, there are plenty of hands...it does take a village...
...so prior to leaving, I suck in every minute with them, and take advantage of the opportunity to do anything with them on my own...even bath, lotion and teeth or something else that becomes monotonous during a normal week...
...and dressing them up in cozy pj's and taking pictures...but like I said...Daddy doesn't disappoint...
...Chase's new loft bed arrived the week before I left and was in much anticipation...and is the new play zone...
...Ava is dying for a big girl bed and Chase wakes up daily and asks for Ava to come play on his bed with him...
...we snuck in a Friday morning playdate with Gianna and Glenn prior to my departure and we hadn't had one in such a long time...a trip to the mall might sound uneventful but for a 4 and 2 year old...it is quite a a destination...and the Momma's are finally getting time to chat...it's only taken four years to get here...
...and Chase took his first jump on the big trampoline...like I said, this place is a playland for little ones...
...and we snuck in a trip to Target for some odds and ends...Ava now requests to run 'errands' because if they are good while we are shopping they can pick out something from the dollar isle at Target...or as Chase calls it...the surprise isle...and this little one picked out a hat and mittons...who knew how much she would fall in love...
...she insisted on wearing them all weekend, even to color...
...the difference in girls and boys cracks me up...she's really becoming my little princess...and he still cares less what he wears...
...and then it was time for me to head out...Sunday night departure is so dramatic...cold, dark outside and warm snuggly kiddos that teared up as I headed out...and you can imagine how I handled myself on the cab ride...I'll blame it on pregnancy hormones...but the fact is, it tears my heart out to leave the whole clan, Daddy and Marley included...but in some strange ways, I feel like the opposite travel schedules this year between Mommy and Daddy have been good for all of us because they mean new career opportunities for each of us and kiddo time alone with each parent which is so valuable...at least I try and focus on the good parts...
...like the fact that I get these silly pictures sent from Daddy and I know they are all laughing together, and bonding, just two little people and their hero...and they are playing rough, and focusing a little less on cleaning crumbs, and getting to enjoy the uninterrupted benefits of pure Daddy time...
...and their behavior is always a little better when they are home with just one of us...dinner's get eaten a little quicker...
...so they do things like make mini brownies together on a Tuesday...how fun is that?...
...and it gives Mommy time to focus on work so that when I return, I'm so present in their lives, they are almost ready for me to hit the road again...
...and I would love to tell you that I always look at the positive and that I don't truly freak out about the five night travel...but the reality is I did cry when I left, I did miss them terribly, especially as we would facetime to stay in touch, and I do stress about making sure things are perfect while I am gone and inevitably my preparations fall short...
...but I do believe it is a good thing for all of us to remind us of the value in each other's lives...and to help us not take the little moments for granted...and keeps me grounded...because these moments apart remind me why I do what I do and to make the most of the time...regardless of when and how it comes...
...and it should also be my last travel of the year and prior to our family expanding...which is also quite refreshing...
...more to come on Turkey Day...once I get through some holiday cards and other December to do's...
...Tis the Season...













No comments:
Post a Comment